Shalyn is a graduate of the Trinity Western University acting program with a BA in Theatre, and she has also trained with Vancouver’s Arts Club Actors Intensive. Having spent her earlier years in Southern California and NYC before moving to Canada to live in Vancouver and now Toronto, she has carved a giant Zorro-style “Z” across North America. Shalyn’s experience as a performer has ranged from Musical Theatre to Shakespeare and her interest lie in classical texts and new adaptations thereof.When not performing, she can be found with making friends with the nearest cat, sewing, knitting, or obsessively baking and force feeding others with it.
10 things about me…
- I love to bake all the time. I will usually do an allergy check with you shortly after meeting to figure out what I can safely make for you as I will be showing up with baked goods in hand soon.
- I thankfully overcame a lifelong severe allergy to cats so that I now happy live with one. I will chalk that up to sheer determination.
- I was born in Southern California, relocated to NYC, moved to the Vancouver area for about a decade, and now live in Toronto. One big zig-zag across the continent.
- I graduated high school at fourteen years old and then stayed out of school for six years before returning to university.
- I will judge someone for misusing common Yiddish words.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
- I hate the smell of roses. This might mean I’m not human.
- I have sewn or knitted approximately 60% of my wardrobe.
- I am obsessed with Halloween. I start planning for the next one on Nov. 1st.
- Being born on the 13th, I am staunchly anti-superstitious.
- My absolute favorite Disney movie growing up was… Fantasia.